Mako SmartRobotics™ knee replacement
Dr. Johnson was the first in West Michigan to become certified in Mako SmartRobotics™ for both partial and total knee replacement. He continues to train and certify other surgeons around the world on this breakthrough technology, and in 2023, he completed his 1,000th Mako SmartRobotics™ knee replacement.
Using real-time imaging, Mako SmartRobotics™ maps a customized surgery based on the patient’s diagnosis and unique anatomy for more precise implant alignment.
The Mako SmartRobotics™ difference
Mako SmartRobotics™ Total or Partial Knee can help lead to better outcomes like less pain, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery. Compared to conventional knee replacement surgery, Mako SmartRobotics™ delivered the following advantages:
For Total Knee
- Enabled surgeons to better execute their surgical plans.
- Protected soft tissue and ligaments from damage.
- Lower pain scores among patients.
- Better patient satisfaction scores.
For Partial Knee
- More accurate bone removal, resulting in improved knee functioning.
- Less pain following surgery.
- Shorter hospital stay.
- Quicker recovery.
- High patient satisfaction.